Choosing The Right Type Of Makeup
Have you ever worn a foundation only to have it slide off your face during lunch? Or realized that your eyeshadow has creased on your eyelid when the day gets hot?
This could be because the type of makeup that you used! Choosing the right cosmetic for your skin type is important. Not only will it make you look natural and fresh, but it also prevents your skin from developing problems. Here are some tips for choosing the right type of cosmetics:
1. As we age, change our diet, and live in new environments, our skin characteristics will change. It's important to use products that won't dry out your skin or make it break out.
2. Purchase makeup that enhances your beauty! Buy a foundation colour that matches your skin tone and get lipstick or eyeshadow colours that brings out the best in you. After all, confidence breeds beauty!
3. Dry skin: - use products that are mousse or crème based
- avoid loose powder and opt for pressed compact powder
- use lip products that are rich in aloe vera and vitamin E
4. Sensitive skin:
- avoid products containing fragrances, high colour levels and preservatives
- make sure the products you put on your skin is non-allergenic and is made for sensitive skin
5. Combination skin:
- use products made for combination skin or for the main skin type you have - since combination skin can either get drier or oilier depending on the season, it's best to have products that will help you during these times
6. Oily skin:
- use an oil-free primer and a matte type foundation to not clog the pores
- use loose powders as it contains less oil than pressed powder
7. Lastly, use a good cleanser that is water-soluble and gentle on the skin. Avoid harsh or drying cleansers as your skin can react badly to it.
These are just some tips that let you choose the right cosmetic for your skin type. When you use the right type of product on your face, it will not only show on your face, but it will make you feel great from within!